The Building Initiative for Low-Emissions Development (BUILD) Program is a residential building decarbonization program that provides incentives and technical assistance to support the adoption of advanced building design and all-electric technologies in new, low-income all-electric homes. BUILD encourages adoption of clean energy technologies in affordable housing developments, thereby improving access to clean energy for low-income Californians.
• Receive up to $2,000,000 in incentives to reduce construction costs
• Reduce long-term utility costs for both you and your residents
• Build your in-house capacity for all electric building
• Prepare for current and future state and local building electrification policies
• Layer funds with other programs and incentives
• Eliminate costs for gas infrastructure
• Receive up to 300 hours of no-cost technical assistance to overcome design or construction barriers, and to complete an incentive application
BUILD technical assistance and incentive applications are now being accepted. See the BUILD fact sheet for a brief overview of the program details, including eligibility, technical assistance, and incentive types.
BUILD provides eligible applicants constructing their first all-electric, low-income multifamily building (10+ units) with up to $100,000 design award to defray direct design costs.